Access Keys:

How do you rate this information / service?

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

Contact us

Allerdale and Copeland

Blencathra House
PO Box 110
Tangier Street
CA28 0BN

Tel:  01946 506211

Carlisle and Eden

East Wing
Parkhouse Building
Kingmoor Park

Tel:  01228 226824

Barrow and South Lakes

Children's Services
Top Floor – Craven House
Michaelson Road
LA14 1FD

Tel: 01229 407403

Busher House
Busher Walk

Tel:  01539 713471

Skip main menu

Cumbria`s Local Offer

Cumbria Local Offer is a signposting service for parents/carers and their children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), to information about provision that they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people with SEND.

It should also set out information for those who do not have Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)

It has two key purposes:

  • To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to date information about provision and how to access it

  • To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEND, and service providers in its development and review.

It must include provision in the local authority’s area, and any provision outside the area that the local authority expects to be used by children/young people with SEND.

We have worked with parent/carer groups and children and young people to produce the Cumbria Local Offer, and we will continue to do so in order to keep it up-to-date and relevant to the people that it is intended for. It will also help to monitor which provision and services are needed.

If you click on the link below, it will take you to the Cumbria Local Offer, and if you cannot find the information that you need please make contact and let us know, so that we can make it easier to search for or identify it as something that we need to find out more about.

Cumbria's local offer websitethis external link will open in a new window

Thank you for your interest

Parents can find out more about special educational needs and acquire confidential advice and support from their local Parent Support Service, contact details for which are provided below:

Copeland & Allerdale
Phyllis Bowler 
Tel:  01946 506416

Allerdale & Copeland
Janette Baines 
Tel:  07795 110940

Eden & Carlisle
Emma Stephenson 
Tel:  07769 935446

Carlisle & Eden
Deborah Turner 
Tel:  07827 308469

Barrow & South Lakes
Celia Jones 
Tel:  01229 407439

South Lakes & Barrow
Karen Hull 
Tel:  01229 407559

Key documents

 Title  Date  Size
20/11/2012 470k