Access Keys:

Skip main menu

About Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care is part of Cumbria County Council and is responsible for providing you with help to access the care and support you need.  We can help with:
  • general information, advice and sign-posting to organisations that can help you;
  •  advice about housing including how to adapt your home and the range of accommodation options available;
  • preventative services such as reablement and equipment that can help you to remain independent at home;
  • short-term services, for example, help you need when coming out of hospital;
  • an assessment where you can talk about your longer term needs and how you think these could be met;
  • a care and support plan about how your needs will be met;
  • help to understand how your care and support is funded - what we pay for and what you might be asked to pay if your service is not free; and
  • your personal budget you can use to arrange your own care in the way that best suits you.
If you are a carer and help look after someone, you can have an assessment from us. We can help you develop a support plan to make it easier for you to care.  We can also help you and the person you care, for to get the financial help you need.

We support the transition of young people who are transferring from Children's Services to Adult Social Care.

We can also help any member of the public or family who is worried about the safety of a vulnerable adult living in Cumbria. We call this 'safeguarding adults'.