Access Keys:

How do you rate this information / service?

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)
Skip main menu

Household Rubbish Collection services

Who is responsible for collecting my household rubbish?

Cumbria’s district and borough councils are responsible for waste collection services, including household waste, bulky household items and the provision of some recycling services. For further information on household rubbish collections contact your local District / Borough Council:

Allerdale Borough Council

Barrow Borough Council

Carlisle City Council

Copeland Borough Council

Eden District Council

South Lakeland District Council

Bargain compost bins

Cumbria County Council are able to offer compost bins for sale from as little as £ 7 with £ 5.99 for delivery. For more information about home composting and the discounted compost bins available visit