Scrutiny Advisory Board - Adults
Skip main menu
This Board focuses upon services commissioned and/or provided by Adult and Local Services, which includes care services for adults and the provision of Libraries and archives services in Cumbria. The Board seeks to support the County Council's Plan to ensure that the most vulnerable people in our communities receive high quality support when they need it, whilst improving the chances in life of the most disadvantaged in Cumbria.
The Board also supports the delivery of the following key activities:
- Protect vulnerable adults from harm through improved safeguarding services;
- Help people have independent lives by supporting them to regain their independent living skills following illness;
- Help people to remain in their own homes rather than having to move in to residential care by developing community based services;
- Where we have a role in their residential care, improve the standard of accommodation;
- Working closely with partners to ensure people get the care they need through improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems and procedures, particularly for individuals with complex needs;
- Use new technology, such as assistive technology and individual service funds, to help people feel safer and more in control of their own care and enable carers to feel that they have the support they need.
For further information about the work of the Board please contact:
Topics recently looked at by the Board include:
Remote Access to Archives;
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults;
- complex needs care in Cumbria
- Transition between Children's and Adults Services (joint with Children and Young People Scrutiny Board)
Details of any consultations relating to this Board will be posted here.
You can contact the Scrutiny Unit by telephone on 01228 226259 or e-mail by following the link below.