At a local level it is recommended that for children of 6 years and under parents/carers and educators should initially contact local Speech and Language Therapy services of the NHS if there are concerns about a child's speech, language and communication skills development.

For local speech, language and communication advice and support for schools, families and children should refer to Cumbria County Council Local Offer in relation to SEND TST services, Early Help Assessment and Education and Health Care Plans.

At a national level there are a number of independent organisations and charities who provide information on all aspects of speech, language and communication difficulties and possible support groups.

Useful links: