Apply for an In Year Place

Please read the information sheet below carefully.

  1. If you need a hard copy of the leaflet, please contact the School Admissions and Appeals Team (contact details below) and we will send a copy to you.

  2. If after reading the information leaflet you still wish to make an application, there are two ways you can do this:

  • You can contact your preferred school directly, and in most cases it will be able to deal with your request.  If you are offered a place, you can arrange an admission date with the school.  If your request is refused, this should be done in writing with the reason for refusal, and you will be informed of your right of appeal against this decision.

  • (Some schools may refer you to the team to handle your application [i.e. community and voluntary controlled schools, where the LA is the admissions authority].

  • If your prefer, you can also contact School Admissions to make an application and for more information about admissions to school.  If your preferred school is an academy, voluntary aided, foundation or free school, we will forward your form for the governing body/academy trust to reply to you directly.

  • For community or voluntary controlled schools, School Admissions will write to you about the outcome of your application.

'Find a School'

 Title  Date  Size
18/09/2018 845k

To apply via the School Admissions and Appeals Team, you can download an application form (SA8).  You can complete a Word version of the form and return it by email to: or you can print a version (PDF), complete it by hand and return to your child's current school.  You can also request a copy of the form from the School Admissions and Appeals Team (contact details below). 

School Admissions Arrangements 2019-20

 Title  Date  Size
8/09/2018 261k
8/09/2018 66k

School Admissions and Appeals Team
Children and Families Services
Cumbria County Council
Cumbria House
117 Botchergate
Carlisle, Cumbria

Telephone: 01228 221582