Searches of the Commons Registers

Commons registration searches show whether land or property is registered as Common Land or Town or Village Green under the Commons Registration Act of 1965. To find out more contact the Local Land Charges section of the District Council where the land or property is situated or submit a CON29O form (available from The Law Society) to the Commons Registration service in duplicate, with a plan and the appropriate fee.

Searches of the Rights Section of the Register can be carried out in relation to grazing rights attached to a farm, by submitting a letter and a plan, for which there is a fee of £26.00.

Copies of the Registers can be provided on request, for which there is a fee of £14.00 per register unit and £7 per O.S. sheet of the register map.