Livestock Identification and Movement

There are varying requirements for identifying cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and deer, and recording and reporting their movements.

The Government webpage Animal identification, movement and tracing regulations gives full details.

Horse Passports

Owners must have a passport for each horse.  'Horse' includes horses, ponies, donkeys, mules or cross-breeds of these species.  Further information can be found on the Government webpage Getting and using a horse passport.