Welfare - help with housing

If you are having difficulties with your accommodation or are at risk of eviction then you should seek assistance from your local district council housing options team on one of the numbers below:

Allerdale Borough Council on 01900 702702
Barrow Borough Council on 01229 876543
Carlisle City Council on 01228 817000
Copeland Borough Council on 0845 054 8600
Eden District Council on 01768 817817
South Lakeland District Council on 0845 050 4434

If you are having problems paying your rent then contact your landlord or advice agency. A list of housing Associations operating within Cumbria is provided below:

Home Group in Allerdale and Copeland on 0345 141 4663.
Riverside in Carlisle on 0800 1693245.
Eden Housing Assocation in Eden on 01768 861400.
Two Castles in north Cumbria on 01228 547463 or 01946 591848 or 01539 733319.
South Lakes Housing in South Lakeland on 0845 0570080
Accent Housing in Barrow on 0845 6780599
Impact Housing who operate countywide on 0344 8736290

If you are at risk of homelessness or are homeless, call Cumbria County Council's Supporting People service for advice and information on 03000133000

Heating grants

If you are struggling to heat your home and have at least one child under the age of five; a chronic underlying health condition (particularly respiratory or coronary); or a disability particularly affected by the cold weather, then you may be entitled to financial assistance. Contact the Cumbria Community Foundation to see if you qualify on 01768 891 414.