Housing for young people - booze and highs

  • Are you worried about your drug use?
  • Is a friend using or drinking too much?
  • Are you using for more than just fun?
  • Is your party weekend affecting your week?
  • How much alcohol is too much?
  • Is your drug/alcohol use affecting your relationships?

If you're worried about your own or one of your mates' drug or alcohol use, we can help.


You don't have to have an addiction but something might have happened that's worried you while you were drinking or using drugs that you want to check out by talking to someone.

You can give us a call yourself but if you don't feel comfortable doing that, why not talk to a trusted person, like a school teacher, college tutor, friend or even your doctor.  They can give us a call or find a referral form on the Professionals Section on this website. 

North Cumbria (Carlisle and Eden)

Claire Gibson
Email: claire.gibson@cumbria.gov.uk
Mobile: 07917245424

West Cumbria (Allerdale and Copeland)

Barry Arnison
Email: barry.arnison@cumbria.gov.uk
Mobile: 0788 794 7621

South Cumbria (Barrow and South Lakes)

Tim Field
Email: tim.field@cumbria.gov.uk
Mobile: 0790 006 0645

If you'd prefer to speak to someone anonymously, the Know the Score drugs helpline is 0800 587 5879.